Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Considering The Surgery?

I would recommend this surgery to anyone! It has been the best thing I have done in my entire life. I never thought I would be down to the weight I was sixteen years ago. I heard many horror stories about Gastric Bypass before my surgery. I was a little nervous going in. Let me just say this, yes sometimes there are things that can go wrong, but the chances are very small. I do know a few people, really just two, that have had things go wrong. All I can say is that it was just bad luck and I wish that they didn't have to experience what they did.
One thing that I tell everyone when they ask me about my experience, is that Gastric Bypass and Lap Band or any other weight loss surgery is just a tool. We STILL have to diet and exercise. Some people think that just because we had the surgery, the weight will come off and stay off forever. WRONG! We will always have to watch what we eat for the rest of our lives. Food is still a struggle for me every single day. We will get more into that later!
As long as you follow your surgeons program and TAKE YOUR VITAMINS, everything will be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment