Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Talking About Vitamins...

I had a hard time finding the right vitamin for me. I am a big taste and texture person. If I don't like the taste or texture, I won't eat/drink eat. I started out using Bariatric Advantage This is the vitamin my surgeon recommends. I just could not get into the flavor of their vitamins, BUT I do enjoy their Calcium Chewy Bites Citrate in the chocolate flavor. I was a HUGE chocolate addict before the surgery. When I find myself craving it, I chew on a few of these and I feel completely satisfied.
When their vitamin didn't cut it for me after trying for a few months, I completely stopped my vitamins. DON'T DO THIS! This is when my hair started falling out in huge amounts. I started asking some of the veteran Gastric Bypass patients that I read their blogs what they take, I had a few recommended Celebrate Vitamins . I mentioned them to my surgeons LPN and she said she had samples of them. OH MY GOSH! What a HUGE difference in taste. As someone told me, these are the bomb diggity of vitamins! I have no problem taking them every day, and I enjoy the flavors. I take the Mandarin Orange and the Grape  flavor. I also take their B12 Sublingual 1000 mcg in the Cherry  flavor. I am not loyal to one vitamin company, I will use what works for my taste buds. My husband completely stopped his vitamins also. When he tried these he loved them and now takes them every day also. Oh yeah, on the Celebrate website you can request samples.

No comments:

Post a Comment